APA Colorado also has a number of committees that allow members to get involved in more specific aspects of planning in Colorado. The committees are described below, click on the link for additional background and contact information.
- American Planning Association for Students (APAS): APAS in the student chapter of APA Colorado affiliated with the College of Architecture and Planning at the University of Colorado - Denver.
- Awards Committee: The Awards Committee works to recognize outstanding projects, plans, and people in the Colorado planning field.
- Emerging Planning Professionals (EPP) Committee: EPP Works to connect planners in the beginning stages of their careers with resources and networking opportunities.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Committee: The EDI committee works to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion in our field and communities by maintaining an understanding of the state of EDI within the planning profession, supporting the recruitment and retention of planners from underrepresented communities, and building the capacity of Colorado planners around equitable planning practices.
- Great Places Committee
- Healthy Communities Committee: This committee was formed to help oversee the submittal of grant applications for APA's program. The committee will move into other healthy community and planning avenues, as well.
- Legislative Committee: The Legislative Committee meets regularly during the legislative session (January to May) and occasionally during the rest of the year to discuss and take positions on planning-related bills, working with our lobbyists to advance good planning in Colorado. This committee also works with lobbyists and legislators to testify on bills during the hearing process at the Capitol as well as to develop language for new bills.
- Membership Committee: Formed in 2018 to decipher the results of the 2018 membership survey, this committee is compromised of both Board and non-board members. The committee will help the Board and Chapter set the correct goals based on membership priorities and needs.
- Nominating Committee: Per the Chapter Bylaws, this committee is appointed by the Chapter President each year, typically in January/February, to solicit and recruit candidates for open Board seats. The committee is comprised of at least four members with at least one person being a member of the Board and one being a member who has not previously served on the Board.
- Outreach and Communication Committee: This committee acts on behalf of APA Colorado to communicate with our statewide membership to share news, activities, events, and other information related to APA Colorado.
- Professional Development Committee: The Professional Development Committee works to support the ongoing professional education of planners in Colorado through organizing or certifying events that further knowledge of good planning practices.
- Sustainability Committee: The Sustainability Committee helps planners understand and address sustainability issues through planning including urban agriculture, community food assessments, and planning for healthy communities.
- Youth in Planning Committee: The Youth in Planning Committee was established in 2016 as a group of planners charged to develope programs and tools to assist APA Colorado in educating our youth on the importance of planning.